Manual Transmission Driving
Guidelines for Choosing the Best Manual Transmission Driving School
Firstly, you’ve decided it’s time to learn how to drive. Now the next question is; are you going to learn automatic or manual transmission driving? Or both? Learning to drive an automatic transmission car is a lot easier than learning a manual transmission one. In fact, most new cars sold in Australia today have an automatic transmission. However, many say that to experience the real thrill of driving nothing beats manual transmission driving. You simply have better control over the vehicle with a manual. Many automatics tend to err on the side of caution and can shift up into a higher gear than necessary which wastes engine power.
If you decide you want to learn how to drive a manual, remember what Anthony J. D’Angelo said “Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.”
Here are some benefits of manual transmission driving:
- Manual cars are cheaper to purchase than automatic cars. Generally, you can save up to $1000 when buying a manual vehicle.
- A manual transmission is also cheaper when it comes to maintenance. Automatic transmissions have so many more gadgets and mechanisms that can be costly to repair.
- Manual transmissions are cheaper yet again when it comes to fuel efficiency. They have more gears than an automatic so, when driven correctly, you should end up getting more kilometres from your litre of fuel with manual transmission driving.
- If you ever found yourself in an unfortunate circumstance, perhaps needing to rush someone to hospital, and there was only one manual transmission car there for you to use; if you are capable of manual transmission driving you will be able to help and drive to hospital.
Now that we’ve covered off the benefits of manual transmission driving, we need to find the right driving school that can help us become the best manual driver in town! Darshan Driving School are known and trusted for teaching manual transmission driving, however, don’t take our word for it, follow these basic guidelines that will help you make up your own mind with choosing the best manual transmission driving school:
- Do your research:
With so many driving schools around, it’s important to spend a little time doing some research and making a resume of schools. Look at their website and read any feedback and reviews that you can find for them on the web. Another great way to help you sort the good driving schools from the bad, is to ask friends and colleagues about any experiences they may have had with a particular school. People love talking all about their learning to drive stories.
- Visit the manual transmission driving school:
Once you have your short-list of driving schools, it doesn’t hurt to pay a visit to them or at least call them. That way you will get a better feel for the vibe of the school.
- Meet the driving instructors:
Firstly, a really good driving instructor will be fully qualified and hold all the necessary licences needed to become a driving instructor. You can also be sure they have passed a police check and a working with children check. As well as their certifications, they should also have a friendly, calm, patient and relaxed temperament and be a very good communicator. You need to feel comfortable with them and not scared to speak up and ask them any questions when you are not sure about something. A great driving instructor will take you at a learning pace that suits you and will only recommend you go for your driving test when you are a certainty to pass.
- Look at what makes the school stand out in a crowd:
Can the driving school proudly boast they are members of the Australian Driver Trainers Association, Victoria (ADTAV)? Or that they have authorised Keys2drive instructors? Do they follow the strict code of ethics set by the ADTAV? Are the vehicles used for teaching learners how to drive well maintained, modern and have dual controls for safety? The answers to these questions will help you determine the best driving school around.
A great driving school that offers manual transmission driving lessons should be very affordable. They should also offer different driving packages so that it’s easy to find one that suits you. For example, do they have a package where it is cheaper to purchase a bulk of 10 lessons?
When you keep all these factors in mind, it should make the decision about choosing a manual transmission driving school an easy one. Especially when all these factors can easily relate back to Darshan Driving School. Go ahead, check them out for yourself!
So Visit Us Today !!!